Operation Christmas Child
The Amazing Journey of a Simple Shoebox Gift
Begins with You and Results in Evangelism, Discipleship, and Multiplication.
The Packing process
- find a standard shoebox-size box, cardboard or plastic, or purchase Operation Christmas Child box on the website
- Labels are available at church
- Fill with Gifts – Select a medium to large “wow” item such as a soccer ball with pump or stuffed animal, then fill with other fun toys, hygiene items, and school supplies. Don’t forget to also include a personal note and photo—sometimes these are the child’s favorite things to receive!
- Pray over the box
- Donate $9 for shipping costs A donation of $9 per box is critical to cover shipping and other project costs. For easiest processing, you can give online through our Label Options or Ways to Give pages, or by mailing a check in the postage-paid envelope available in our print brochure. If you use an online option on the Labels page, you can Follow Your Box and discover the destination of your gift.
- Collecting– Drop Off
Take your shoebox gift to a local drop-off location during National Collection Week, Nov. 15–22, 2021. Bring them to the church.
- Shipping- Volunteers- Thousands of volunteers serve annually inspecting and preparing shoeboxes for international shipping. Every hour work stops for a few minutes to pray for the children who will receive the boxes.
- World Wide Distribution- Long before shoeboxes arrive in more than 100 countries, volunteer National Leadership Teams train pastors and community leaders who want to share the message of the Gospel and bless children. The leaders learn how to host child-friendly outreach events, and how to implement The Greatest Journey follow-up discipleship program.
- Outreach events- Pastors around the world host outreach events in places where people may not know Christ and invite them to follow Him. Other churches use the boxes as resources for outreach in orphanages and other at-risk areas. In many places, they also offer The Greatest Gift, a Gospel story booklet Samaritan’s Purse developed for shoebox recipients, and invite children to participate in The Greatest Journey discipleship program.